In this post I would like to teach you how to make homemade hand moisturizers.
It is essential that we use a moisturizer to maintain the quality of the skin of our hands and body. Moisturizer helps keep them feeling soft and hydrated. Especially during the winter months, when they are exposed to the cold conditions of the weather; thus often injuring the skin and causing them to crack.
But creams on the market are often so expensive or too often they include chemicals that may not agree with our body or may also contain certain elements that cause allergies, which then in-turn cause the skin to damage further. This may not happen very often. But it does happen.
As always, with a little effort and dedication, we can prepare our own recipes at home to make our own homemade hand moisturizers and enjoy all the benefits of natural moisture without overspending. These recipes I have prepared are natural, thus not causing nasty side effects. Each recipe has its own purpose. For example: One is for soft skin, whilst another is for dry skin. And another will strengthen the nails. Take a look at these homemade hand moisturizers.
Homemade Hand Moisturizers For Different Purposes
Skin Softener with Brown Sugar
This recipe consists of two ingredients and especially recommended for new moms whom will surely have these ingredients at home.
- Baby oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Use the ingredients to make a paste
- massage the paste into your hands as if you’re washing them, (only massage for 1 minute.)
- then rinse with warm water
- and finally dry without causing friction by rubbing you.
Cream for Dry Skin
Dry skin can be painful if left untreated and can even develop in hardness of the skin, causing the skin rough to touch. To solve this problem you can develop a mayonnaise cream. However, it’s not the sort of cream you can keep for a long time. You should simply: make it and use it.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon baby oil
- After mixing the ingredients,
- spread over the hand with a brush or cotton wool pad
- then leave on the skin for 20 minutes,
- rinse off with warm water
- and finally, dry without rubbing the skin.
Scented Moisturizing Cream
This cream is made with elements that we find in health food stores or for the manufacture of perfumes.
- 4 tablespoons of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons mango butter
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 drops of carrot oil
To make this cream you should:
- melt the wax together with the butter,
- then add oil and mix until a homogeneous cream is made.
- Finally place the cream in a beaker and allow to cool and harden.
- Apply when required.
Tonic to Strengthen Nails
And part of a beautiful moisturized hands are strong and well manicured nails. To improve your nails, here is a recipe for an oil that gives very good results.
For 30 applications will need:
- 2 teaspoons of castor oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ oil
- 1 bottle cap or lid
Place all ingredients in a bottle and shake vigorously before each use.
To strengthen nails:
- put a drop on the cuticle and rub the entire nail,
- leave on for no more than 5 minutes
- then clean with a dry cotton.
I hope these recipes for homemade hand moisturizers give you a great result. If you know others, please share with us in the comments section below. I hope you are enjoying foods that are good for your skin.