Do acne scars on your face and body bother you? Acne scars can be an embarrassing problem especially for teenagers. Acne is mainly caused by increased androgen levels. Other reasons may be the use of greasy cosmetics, hormonal changes (sometimes during pregnancy), heredity, poor eating habits, stress and more. The scars that the acne leaves behind snatch the beauty off your face and body. Therefore, here are some home remedies for acne scars.
How to get rid of acne scars with 22 home remedies for acne scars
Below is a list of ways to get rid of acne scars. Some of them you may have heard about before, and got bad reviews. First of all, just because they didn’t work for others it doesn’t mean they can’t work for you. Furthermore, it may be that some work better than others. And, some may just take longer to work than others. But they are definitely worth giving a go.
1. Baking soda to treat acne scars
- Prepare a fine paste by mixing 2 teaspoons of baking soda in water.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and wash off after a couple of minutes.
- Apply a mixture of 5 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and juice of half a lemon.
- Apply this mixture to your face and clean after 5 minutes.
For best results use once or twice a week.
2. Oats not just for breakfast, also for acne scars
- Take a cup of cooked oatmeal and add the juice of half a lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Massage your skin with this mixture and leave for half an hour.
- Wash with warm water afterwards.
Repeat this process once or twice a week.
3. Fuller’s Earth treatment for acne scars
Fuller’s earth is considered the best treatment for acne scars because it has the ability to absorb excess oil.
- Prepare a package of mud, mixing: water, fuller’s earth, sandalwood powder and rose in equal proportions.
- Apply this to your face and wash off after it has dried.
Carry out the same procedure once a week.
4. Fresh Lemon Juice has many health benefits, including getting rid of acne scars
Use lemon juice for acne scars on daily basis. It also removes a build up of dirt from the pores.
- Take a slice of lemon and rub on the affected area.
- Leave it on for a couple of hours
- Clean your face with water.
Another option to use Lemon juice:
- Mix rose-water and lemon juice together in equal amounts.
- Wash affected area with solution.
- mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice, almond oil and honey. Add 2 tbsp milk.
- Stir well and apply.
5. Toothpaste before bed to get rid of acne scars
If you want to get rid of acne scars, this remedy is suitable for you.
- Simply use your regular toothpaste to apply to the affected area before hitting the sack.
- And rinse off in the morning.
It should clear the acne scarred skin.
6. Rose Water and Sandalwood, heavenly scent to end acne scars
- Mix rose water and sandalwood powder to make a paste.
- Apply on your scars and leave it overnight.
- The next morning, rinse with cold water.
You can also add a little lemon juice to the mixture if you prefer.
7. Olive Oil, not just for cooking. Use to get rid of acne scars
Olive oil works wonders for getting rid of back acne scars.
- Take a few drops of olive oil on your hands and rub on the scars before the bath.
- After about 2 hours, wash off with bath soap containing glycerine.
Keep using this remedy until you see an improvement.
8. How to get rid of acne scars with Egg
Egg is crammed with proteins and essential vitamins, making Egg a wonderful for way to get rid of acne scars.
- In a bowl, mix some lemon juice and egg white in equal amounts.
- Apply to your scars before hitting the hay.
- The next morning, rinse off with warm clean water.
9. Get rid of acne scars with potato
- Rub your scars with a slice of potato.
- apply the juice of the potato to the affected area/areas to get a clearer skin area if you prefer.
10. Gram flour, AKA: Chickpea flour can help get rid of acne scars
- Mix 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour, 1 tablespoon rose water and a little turmeric powder in a bowl to form a face pack.
- Apply for a few minutes until the paste dries.
- Rinse with water.
repeat this process once weekly.
11. Cucumber Juice and yogurt to reduce acne scars
Due to the Vitamin A and Vitamin C, Cucumber makes an excellent ingredient for an acne scar remedy.
- Extract the juice of a cucumber.
- Add some yogurt to it and mix well, to form a paste.
- Apply paste to the scars and leave for approx. 20 minutes.
- Clean your face with normal water.
- Apply cucumber juice directly to your scars with a ball of cotton.
- Leave it sit for a couple of minutes
- Clean with fresh water.
12. Yogurt works well for treating acne scars
Such a simple remedy can make your skin flawless and clear.
- Simply apply plain yogurt to the skin for a few minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
13. Papaya juice to get rid of acne scars
Papaya juice is used in many cosmetics for treating skin conditions which makes it one of the best home remedies for acne scars.
- Mix some pieces of papaya to make a juice.
- Apply the juice to the scars and let stand for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse with running water afterwards.
Keep using this remedy until you see the results.
14. Honey for acne scars
- Apply honey on the scars of a couple of minutes.
- Rinse with plain water.
- mix a few drops of lemon juice with honey and apply it on your acne scars.
- After a few minutes, clean your face with warm water.
15. Ice to get relief from acne scars
One of the simplest ways to treat fresh acne scars.
- Rubbing a piece of ice on an acne scar to get instant relief.
16. How to get rid of acne scars with Orange Peel
- Take some orange peels.
- Place them in the sun until they are completely dry.
- Now, crush them into a fine powder.
- Add a little water to make a smooth paste.
- Rub this paste on the scar, and leave it for approx. 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water. This is another one of the best home remedies for acne scars.
17. Vitamin E oil or the oil from a capsule to get rid of acne scars
The presence of antioxidants in the vitamin E oil does wonders for removing acne scar.
- Before starting this remedy, steam your face to open up your skins pores.
- Massage oil on the affected area gently for 10 minutes.
- After approx. 20 minutes, wash off with water.
18. Tomato best known cure for a lot of things, and acne scars is no exception.
- You can simply apply pulped tomato to the scars for perfect and shiny skin.
- Blend tomatoes and cucumber in a blender to make a paste.
- Apply to the scar and let stand for one hour.
- Rinse with water.
Repeat the same process for better results.
Or another alternative:
- you can prepare a mask by mixing tomato pulp or tomato juice with 1 cucumber and 2 avocados.
- Apply this mask to your face and wash it off with water after 15 to 20 minutes.
These are some of the best home remedies for acne scars.
19. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) to get rid of acne scars
- Dilute a few drops of ACV in a little water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture on the scars.
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse off with clean with normal water.
20. Aspirin not just for a headache, also a remedy for acne scars
- Add two to three aspirin to a little water and wait until these pills are completely dissolved.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons of honey to form a smooth paste.
- Apply to your acne scars and wait approx. 15 minutes
- Then rinse with warm water.
21. Cocoa Butter to fade acne scars
- Apply Cocoa Butter In order to fade acne scars.
It Also helps to retain the skins moisture.
22. Finally, Cod Liver Oil works great to get rid of acne scars
- Apply cod liver oil to lighten acne scars. This is another one of the great home remedies for acne scars.
If you are going to use any of these home remedies for acne scars, be sure that you don’t have an allergy to whatever you are using. Furthermore, if you have sensitive skin, I would advise not using Lemon as the citric acid may cause an adverse reaction to the skin. Or Baking soda as it may be a bit too harsh on the skin.
I hope you like my list of home remedies for acne scars. Some of these remedies have served me well in the past. I hope they will do the same for you. You might find these steps to perfect your skin useful too.