Sometimes our skin feels and looks a bit dull and lifeless. But there are many ways for you to give it back it’s vibrant look and feel. In this post I am going to share with you 12 homemade masks for your face.
For a facial treatment to be effective it is essential to know the characteristics and type of your skin, whether; dry, oily or mixed. Each reaction to the masks may be different.
“Oh, what to do in this daily busy life.” I find myself sometimes sighing, when I barely have a second to breathe between work, home, bills, partner, children and the problems that arise …! And all this turmoil is reflected in our skin as wrinkles, blemishes and dullness. Surely you wonder what to do to.
The reality is that you do not have time to go to the salon, and the best creams on the market are so bloody expensive that you decide not to buy them. But, don’t worry! The solution is in your hands. Using ingredients from your own home can revitalize your skin and enhance its natural vigor and beauty.
Why is my skin affected?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body and its the first and main barrier against pathogens. Among its many features are: regulating body temperature, protecting structures and providing sensations such as touch and feeling. A smooth and luminous skin is a sign of good health, but there are many internal and external factors that can adversely affect its appearance and proper functions:
Main factors affecting the skin
- Excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Excessive use of chemicals such as makeup, soaps, and others.
- Abuse of alcohol
- an unbalanced and unhealthy diet
From the aesthetic point of view the skin has been considered a symbol of beauty by many cultures. At present various cosmetics companies devote their efforts to find innovative ways to rejuvenate and protect the skin. The most common form of beauty treatment are masks. However, sometime they can get quite pricey. Luckily, you do not need those expensive, chemical-filled masks. Using natural products from your own home can prepare the best homemade masks for your face.
Face masks for health and beauty
There is nothing more refreshing than a natural face mask that: moisturizes, removes dead skin cells, and reaffirms the lines. There are several types of mask that should be used depending on how they act on the skin. So keep that in mind when choosing which mask to prepare:
Mask types according to their function
- Tightening Mask Effect: Applies to wet and dry skin, causes tension that promotes blood circulation and cellular nutrition.
- Firming Mask Effect: it Applies to wet and dry skin causes tension which reaffirms the tissues.
- Scrub Mask: Helps remove dead cells and skin secretions.
- Masque: Creates a protective barrier and helps the disappearance of wrinkles and reaffirming the facial expression lines.
- Stimulating Mask: It stimulates the superficial capillaries and promotes tissue nutrition.
- Clarifying Mask Effect: Absorbs excess melanin, eliminating spots and freckles.
- Renewing Mask: Removes dead surface cells and active layer and accelerates cell renewal.
You must keep in mind that the skin of each person has different characteristics, so the reaction to certain mask can be different as well. One aspect that influences the effectiveness of a treatment facial skin type, whether dry, oily or mixed. If you know what precise your face, read on because then I offer the 12 best masks for your face.
The best masks for your face
Dedicate a time of day or night to your face, it needs requires your full attention for pampering. Before applying the mask you need, wash your face to remove dust and sweat. Remember to prepare only the amount that you use at the time, but sometimes it is possible to leave the mask until the next day in a clay pot in the refrigerator. You can apply them every day but it is preferable to leave the facial skin rest for one day in between.
12 homemade masks for your face
Do you want to have smooth and soft skin?
- Apply honey evenly all over your face.
- Leave it for approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove it with cold water. See how good it feels.
2. Honey and Almonds
To prepare the most exquisite homemade exfoliating scrub you only need a tablespoon of honey and two almonds.
- Crush the almonds with a mortar to create a fine powder and mix with honey, then add a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the paste to the face gently using circular motions.
- Leave on the skin for approx. 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water. Trust me, you’ll feel rejuvenated.
3. Oats for Softness
See how amazingly smooth the skin is after using this mask.
- Liquefy or crush half a cup of oats well and add half a teaspoon of honey, two tablespoons of milk, two drops of geranium oil and two drops of chamomile oil. Mix well
- Apply this paste with your fingers using a circular massage.
- After 15 minutes remove the mask with some warm water. Your skin will be as smooth as a baby. (If you have oily skin, you can add 5 drops of lemon juice to the mixture).
Certain fruits are ideal to moisturize skin due to its high water content. For example, a banana.
- Make a paste from the banana and gently apply it to your face and neck.
- Wait 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask with cold water to activate blood circulation.
We know the wonderful properties of cucumber: it is delicious, fresh and ideal for a balanced diet. Well, you can not imagine the changes it can make to your skin, especially if you’ve had too much sun on a day at the beach.
- Peel a cucumber and grind it finely to a paste (do not forget to keep two slices for your eyes).
- Spread it all over your face and rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove with cool water and see your skin fresh and moisturized.
Masks for removing wrinkles and dark circles
6. smooth Face
Honey and egg, a mixture for unparalleled for beauty.
- Mix two tbsp honey with a beaten egg and add a tbsp Lemon juice. Mix it all together.
- Apply the mixture to the face by massaging gently. You will feel like your skin is stretched.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wipe your face with warm skimmed milk. This is a delightful treatment.
7. Roses and Youth
Yes, it is true what they said about women from ancient times, something as ephemeral as a rose preserves the secret of eternal youth. Want to try it?
- Grind the petals of five fresh roses to make a paste.
- let it act on your face for 15 minutes.
- Remove it with cold water And see the results.
Wrinkles speak of experience and maturity but nobody likes them, with this mask you can soften and reduce them.
- Mix a cup of plain yogurt with a teaspoon of fennel seeds and a crushed leaf of the same plant.
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Remove it with warm water.
Repeat every day and soon your skin will look years younger.
Masks for acne, pimples and spots
The tomato has a variety of effects on the skin, it is; moisturizing, exfoliating and tightening. If you want those pesky pimples and blackheads to disappear.
- Cut a tomato in half and begin rubbing onto your face.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Remove it with warm water. You’ll soon begin to see the results!
Lemon is the fruit of a thousand uses. Who would imagine that it also removes stains!
- Mix a tablespoon of honey with some lemon juice and apply with a cotton pad onto the skin of the face.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
- Remove the mask with a cotton pad and mineral water.
Be careful to clean well as exposure to sun causes spots on the skin with lemon.
If you have dry skin, use this magnificent natural mixture to hydrate and nourish.
- Crush several strawberries and mix with honey.
- Apply this mixture to your skin and leave for 20 minutes.
- Remove it with cold water and feel your beauty return with new vigor.
12. Nourishing cream
After exfoliating, it is best to apply a nourishing cream that stimulates your cells. Combine 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of mineral water, 1 teaspoon rose water and a spoonful of yogurt or milk. Apply to your face with a cotton pad and leave on for 15 minutes. Remove it with cool water and look in the mirror. You will notice changes.
Helping your skin
Choose the homemade masks for your face that you require. But remember that your skin is a reflection of your health. To keep it soft and young you should also have a balanced diet, take more than two liters of water a day and avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.